(Press Release) Busan, S.Korea October 20, 2017
Bounce Busan 2017, the first of its kind global conference on startups in Busan will be held at BEXCO, Centum City, Busan on Oct 31.
Busan, one of the most beautiful port cities, has been well-known for tourism attraction and film festival ‘Busan International Film Festival (BIFF)’, and now it is taking the first step to growing as one of global startup hubs following the world famous top startup cities such as Finland, Netherlands, and Los Angeles. Busan has been equipping itself as a promising startup hub building a sound start-up ecosystem to help support startups grow and enter into the market. There are 13 specialized public startup supporting institutions, 14 fund operation ($170 million), 10 accelerators, 3 investor-associated forum, 21 university/colleges (4 Start-up leading universities) and a variety of business incubation and acceleration programs offered by government institution Busan Center for Creative Economy and Innovation (BCCEI).
As the first of its kind global conference on startups in Busan, 『Bounce Busan 2017』 will be held at BEXCO, Centum City in Busan on Oct 31. The conference aims to connect domestic and foreign startups with potential investors and venture capitalists for networking and future business.
The one day conference will provide two different programs: keynote speeches and panel discussion on the main stage and startup pitching competition titled ‘Global Tech Challenge’. On the main stage, it will start off with keynote speeches on Startups in the 4th Industrial Revolution. This year’s line-up of keynote speakers is Michael B. Johnson, MPG/Media Lead of Pixar, Bill Reichert, Managing Director of Garage Technology Ventures and Manoj Fernando, CEO and founder of Thinktomi. After the keynote speeches, three topics including Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Tech startups, and Startup Ecosystem will be discussed by 9 panel speakers, which include Steve Cervantes of Konkuk University, HKelly Shin, Director of Root Impact, George Simeon, CEO of Sollers Partners, Koo Seul, Senior Manager of Anipen, Pankaj Agarwal, CEO of TAGHIVE, JB Rhyu, CEO of Mesh Korea, James Jung Hyeongwook, CEO of beSUCCESS, Tim Chae, Partner of 500 Startups and Jonathan Lauer-stumm, Innovation Expert of Expertise France.
In the meanwhile, on the other stage, Global Tech Challenge, Busan’s first international pitching competition will also be held to introduce new innovative startups, promote their potential for investment as well as help to offer an opportunity where startups, investors, venture capitalists can meet and share their ideas and thoughts and potentially discuss their future business. While a total of 20 domestic and foreign startups will participate into the competition, the final winner will be awarded prize money worth of KRW 10,000,000 and a special award from the Ministry of SMEs and Startups will also be given to one of the rest competitors. The participating startups cover a wide spectrum of fields from healthcare to marine business to education to entertainment and so on. Global Tech Challenge will showcase innovative IT solutions to various issues and some of pitching startups are:
- Pixel Display - Pixel display has a platform that optimizes the display condition depending on the users’ eye conditions
- Partners & co - Partners & CO suggests Partners who can help Clients be more than healthy when their unique condition has them feeling less than great. We are focusing on people’s health enhancement through Complementary and Alternative Medicines.
- Justy's Adventure - Justy’s Adventure : ICT Solution Provider for field managers and decision makers in Marine Business
- Cookie Languages - The world’s first language learning service based on virtual video conversations
- The Collective C - Miscellani is a reinvented shopping platform that utilizes user generated content with image recognition
- FLAMIGO - BEST ASIA DATA AGGREGATOR
- Allb - smart wearable baby health monitor for 0-24 month old infants
- PalmCLOUD - palmCLOUD is to acquire customer needs from device via Cloud without install application and build Big Data.
- Roha - Catcha is a free instant-messaging app that records and sends your voice without typing on a keyboard. 12. CHESIMI - CHESIMI is Korea fashion curation platform for using Image recognition technology and Deep learning.
Apart from the main programs, networking between VCs and startups and exhibition booths are other key features of this event.
For more information, please visit www.bsw.or.kr, and to register, go to REGISTER on the website.
If you are interested in pitching, please contact the Bounce Busan 2017 team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other inquires, contact us at the same address, email@example.com.